Red Brick Roads Music and Arts Festival More Info
  • Clinton Public Works
  • 525 Springridge Road
  • 601-924-2239 / After Hours: 601-924-5252
Public Works

Road and Bridge Projects

Road, bridge and street closures in Clinton, MS.

Red Brick Roads Street Closures

August 26, 2021 Thursday afternoon – Sunday morning = W. Leake Street between Capitol Street and Jefferson Street for the stage to be installed beside WGK.

Monroe Street from W. Leake Street and Main Street for the stage to be installed beside the Municipal Building. 

August 27, 2021 Friday afternoon noon – Sunday morning =

W. Leake Street from East Street  - Capitol Streets

Jefferson Street from Lawson Street to Main Streets

Monroe Street from Lawson Street to Main Streets

North Midway Road Bridge

 Replacement of the Midway Road bridge will begin on July 30, 2021. Replacement should take 4-6 months dependent upon weather.

11/19/2020 Update: Based on inspections which indicated structural deficiencies of the bridge, Hinds County and the MS State Aid Road and Bridge Division required that the City close the bridge until repairs or replacement could be made. 

Prior to the required closure of the bridge the City had begun the process of design to replace the bridge using funding by a Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) as administered by the FHWA, MDOT and CMPDD.  Under this program approximately 80% of the construction costs are funded by the FHWA/MDOT and the remaining 20% are funded by the City. 

During the November 17 Board Meeting the Board approved advertisement of bids pending approval from FHWA/MDOT of design plans. At present, the City is awaiting approval from the FHWA/MDOT of the final plans and specifications at which time approval to advertise for the improvements will be granted.  Depending upon the timing of the advertisement and acceptance of bids for the improvements, the City hopes to begin the construction of this bridge replacement in July of 2021 with construction time again being between 4 – 6 months.

For updates on this closure please visit our city website at www.clintonms.org/roadclosures or www.facebook.com/clintonmiss.

##END##

Arrow Drive/Cynthia Road Multi Use Path

This project will provide for a continuous multi use path along Arrow Drive, Cynthia Road and Traceway Park – Soccer connecting the path on Pinehaven to the paths located in Traceway Park – Soccer. The contract has been awarded and the project will being no later than March 2021 and is slated take approximately 4 months to complete.

Pavecon has been awarded the contract for this project.

Once the path is completed, the Arrow Drive roadway will be paved as part of the 2021 Street Paving improvements projects.