The Clinton Visitor Center was designed by Belinda Stewart, an architect from Eupora, Mississippi, and has received many awards for the innovative design.
The Clinton Visitor Center building is constructed with period materials and architectural details including three porches and an old fashion dog trot or breezeway. Each brick is handmade and are the same bricks used on Thomas Jefferson’s home Monticello, and George Washington’s home Mt. Vernon. The cypress used for the porch posts and railings, the fireplace mantel, and the front desk was reclaimed from a century old sugar mill in South Louisiana.
The Walter Leake DAR chapter provided two benches for the front porch. The Master Gardeners have provided an 1800’s period garden with herbs and native plants. Boy Scout Eagle Projects have enhanced the exterior with benches, birdhouses, an arbor, and a Little Free Library. A Girl Scout Gold Award Project helped identify the plants and trees on the grounds.