Clinton has nearly 175 miles of city streets and roads. Except for U.S. Hwy 80, and the exits around Interstate 20, which are handled by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (601-924-5452), the City's Public Works Street Department maintains the roadways.
- To report Pothole, Missing Street Sign, or Traffic Signal Malfunction, call 601-924-2239
- For Road Kill Pickup and Animal Control, call 601-924-5252
- For Street Light Outage 1-800-9OUTAGE
- For Resurfacing Information 601-925-6102
Public Works crews maintain drainage ways located within the City easements. This maintenance includes repairing sinkholes over drainpipes and along lined ditches, cleaning and preventative maintenance. A certified, bonded contractor conducts herbicide applications for certain improved ditches three (3) times per growing season.
Entergy Mississippi maintains street lights within the city of Clinton, along all 175 miles of streets and in most parks. Except for decorative street lights along the Clitnon Parkway and Olde Towne Clinton, Entergy is responsible for replacing faulty and burnt out street lights.
To report a street light outage CLICK HERE.
During 2017/18 the City will be working with Entergy to replace old street lights with energy efficient LED bulbs. Read more...
There are numerous bridgers and culverts that lie within the city's limits. The City of Clinton has primary ownership and maintenance responsibility for these bridges and culverts. Inspections are completed each year by the county bridge inspector and the state bridge inspector. Please obey posted weight limits for bridges in the city.
Three bridges are rated as Five (5) ton weight limits. They are:
- Bridge over Bakers Creek on Midway Road; and
- Bridge over Bogue Chitto Relief on Kickapoo Road; and
- Bridge over Bogue Chitto Creak on Cynthia Road