The Ambassadors are a group of professional volunteers from varied backgrounds who, while representing their business, act as a liaison between the Chamber and its members.
To actively encourage participation by its members, build member commitment, increase the membership base by contacting new businesses, plan with the Chamber Board for new member orientation, become more informed about Clinton and the Chamber, and represent the Chamber at functions.
To cultivate members, especially new and inactive ones, to maintain contact with their "Adopted Members" throughout the year, and to provide feedback to the Chamber staff regarding needs and issues of concern to members.
Benefits of Being an Ambassador
- Referral sources developed through face-to-face connections with other members
- Connections and contacts made at Chamber events and amongst Chamber members and other Ambassadors
- Ambassador’s name and company's name have a listing in the Chamber’s annual Program of Work booklet
- An open door to make additional business contacts by acting on behalf of the Chamber in various capacities
- Recognition at specific Chamber events, such as ribbon cuttings
- Direct business representative voice for Chamber members, ensuring concerns and issues in the community are heard
What are the Requirements or Duties of an Ambassador?
- Must be a member in good standing with the Clinton Chamber of Commerce
- Be a point of contact for Chamber members to ensure they understand Chamber benefits and encourage them to take part on Chamber committees and attend community events
- Assist with Membership Campaigns
- Host at Chamber community functions, including ribbon cuttings, grand openings, appreciation lunches, the Annual Celebration, etc.
- Answer/Direct any questions other Chamber members may have
- Attend monthly Ambassador luncheons
- Offer feedback to the Chamber about member concerns and issues
For More About the Ambassadors Program
Call the Chamber office at (601) 924-5912 or email questions/submit your completed Ambassadors application at firstname.lastname@example.org.